|City||Plymouth, North Carolina|
|Broadcast area||Elizabeth City/Nags Head|
|Slogan||THE Music Lover's Station|
|Former callsigns||WKLX (?-1986)|
|Affiliations||CBS & North Carolina News Network|
WPNC-FM (95.9 FM) is a radio station broadcasting an Adult Contemporary format. Licensed to Plymouth, North Carolina, United States, it serves the Elizabeth City-Nags Head area. The station is licensed to Durlyn Broadcasting, which is 100% owned by William B. Cox III of Plymouth, North Carolina.
Prior to June 27, 1986, this station was WKLX. At one time, WPNC-FM aired a Country music format, while co-owned WPNC was Contemporary Christian. In 1996 it became Magic 96. In April 2001, with a move to a new building, WPNC-FM became Magic 95.9, because so many vehicle radios display the exact frequency.
On April 7, 2017, the Federal Communications Commission revoked the license of WPNC-FM due to the non-payment of regulatory fees that had been past due since at least 2015. It is not known if the station remains on the air pending legal appeals, but the FCC revoked Durlyn's authority to continue broadcasting as of that date. By May 7, 2017, however, the station had its license reinstated, presumably due to paying the back debts.
- "Call Sign History". Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Bill Shannon, Disc Jockey at Magic 95.9 FM, THE Music Lovers Station". Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Magic 95.9FM, THE Music Lovers Station, Plymouth, NC". Retrieved 2010-06-16.
- "FCC letter to Durlyn Broadcasting". Retrieved 2017-04-13.
- "RadioInsight article mentioning reinstatement of WPNC". Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WPNC
- Radio-Locator information on WPNC
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WPNC
|This article about a radio station in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|