|Broadcast area||Pittsburgh metropolitan area|
|Frequency||89.3 MHz (HD Radio)|
|Branding||Classical WQED-FM 89.3|
HD2: Classical ("Pittsburgh Concert Channel")
First air date
|January 25, 1973|
|ERP||28,000 watts (analog)|
1,120 watts (digital)
|HAAT||199 meters (653 ft)|
|Repeater(s)||See § Simulcast|
WQED-FM (89.3 FM) is a non-commercial, public FM radio station licensed to serve Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The station is owned by WQED Multimedia, and broadcasts a classical format. It is a sister station to the Pittsburgh area's PBS member station, WQED (TV). Both stations broadcast from a shared tower located on the main campus of the University of Pittsburgh at ( ). WQED-FM is a member station of National Public Radio and an affiliate of Public Radio International.
WQED-FM annually produces a 26-week series of Pittsburgh Symphony broadcasts for distribution via Public Radio International.
One full power station simulcasts the programming of WQED-FM:
|Call sign||Frequency||City of license||Facility ID||ERP
|WQEJ||89.7 FM||Johnstown, Pennsylvania||54003||8,400||361 m (1,184 ft)||B|
- "FCC 335-FM Digital Notification [WQED]". fcc.gov. Federal Communications Commission. June 29, 2012. Retrieved 2019-07-03.
- "FM Query Results for WQED-FM". Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "TV Query Results for WQED-TV". Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "History [WQED]". wqed.org. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-09-29. Retrieved 2014-01-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- WQED-FM official website
- WQED in the FCC's FM station database
- WQED on Radio-Locator
- WQED in Nielsen Audio's FM station database
- WQEJ in the FCC's FM station database
- WQEJ on Radio-Locator
- WQEJ in Nielsen Audio's FM station database
|This article about a radio station in Pennsylvania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|