|Broadcast area||Sunbury-Selinsgrove-Lewisburg, PA|
|Slogan||"The Best Songs on the Radio!"|
|Frequency||94.1 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|First air date||1948|
|ERP||16,000 watts (analog)
1,600 watts (digital)
|Former callsigns||WKOK-FM (1948-1978)|
|Owner||Sunbury Broadcasting Corporation|
|Sister stations||WEGH, WVLY-FM, WKOK, WMLP|
WQKX (94.1 FM, "94KX") is a commercial FM radio station licensed to serve Sunbury, Pennsylvania. The station is owned by Sunbury Broadcasting Corporation and broadcasts a Top 40 format. Its broadcast tower is located near Trevorton at ( ).
WQKX is short-spaced to WIP-FM "Sports Radio 94 WIP" (licensed to serve Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) as they both operate on 94.1 MHz and are only about 106 miles apart. The minimum distance between two co-channel Class B FM radio stations according to current FCC rules is 150 miles.
- "Request for Special Temporary Authority, Digital Operation at -10dBc". fcc.gov. Federal Communications Commission. October 29, 2014. Retrieved 2016-12-04.
- "FM Query Results for WQKX". Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 2015-07-19.
- "History". Sunbury Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 2016-12-04.
- "How Far is it Between Philadelphia, Pa, United States and Sunbury, Pa, United States". Free Map Tools. Retrieved 2015-07-19.
- "Minimum distance separation between stations. 47 CFR 73.207 (1)" (PDF). Retrieved 2015-07-19.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WQKX
- Radio-Locator information on WQKX
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WQKX
|This article about a radio station in Pennsylvania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|