|Broadcast area||Auburn, Alabama Columbus, Georgia|
|Branding||FM Talk 95.9|
|Owner||Tiger Communications, Inc.|
|Sister stations||WACQ, WAUD, WQNR, WTGZ|
WQSI (95.9 FM, "FM Talk 95.9") is an American radio station broadcasting a News/Talk format. Licensed to Tuskegee, Alabama, the station serves the Auburn, Alabama, area. The station is currently owned by Tiger Communications, Inc.
Syndicated music programming once included America's Grand Ole Opry Weekend from Westwood One. Auburn didn't really take to the classic country format, and in the summer of 2014 the music gave way to a conservative news/talk format. (Taken from Alabama Broadcast Media Page) Now as a talk station notable programs include Don Imus in the Morning, The Paul Finebaum Show, The Savage Nation with Dr Michael Savage and Coast to Coast AM with George Noory.
In November 2005, Tiger Communications Inc. (Thomas Hayley, president) reached an agreement to acquire WBIL and WQSI from H&H Communications LLC (Fred R. Hughey, member) for a reported combined sale price of $350,000. The FCC approved the deal on February 13, 2006, and the transaction was consummated on April 6, 2006.
Awards and honors
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "WQSI Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "America's Grand Ole Opry Weekend". Opry.com. Archived from the original on April 7, 2009. Retrieved April 14, 2009.
- "Deals - 12 December 2005". Broadcasting & Cable. 2005-12-12.
- "Application Search Details (BTC-20051118AAB)". FCC Media Bureau. 2006-04-06.
- "Broadcast Awards Database: Pat Julian". Country Music Association. Retrieved January 4, 2009.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WQSI
- Radio-Locator information on WQSI
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WQSI
|This article about a radio station in Alabama is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|