|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Series||World Rally Championship|
WRC 3 is a racing video game developed by Evolution Studios and published by Sony Computer Entertainment in 2003 as a part of the World Rally Championship series. The game was released for PlayStation 2 on November 21, 2003 in Europe, and later on May 27, 2004 in Japan (where it was published by Spike).
Teams and drivers
WRC 3 features 17 drivers from 7 teams. Although Mitsubishi did not participate full-time in the championship this season, they appear on every event in the game and are therefore eligible to score team points in championship mode. Likewise, Hyundai appeared in each event despite withdrawing from the championship in real life towards the end of the season.
|Peugeot Total||Peugeot 206 WRC
Peugeot 206 Extreme 03
Peugeot 406 Coupé
| Marcus Grönholm
|Ford Motor Co Ltd||Ford Focus RS WRC 03
Ford Focus RS Extreme 03
Ford Fiesta Rallye Concept
| Markko Märtin
|Subaru World Rally Team||Subaru Impreza WRC2003
Subaru Impreza Extreme 03
| Petter Solberg
|Hyundai World Rally Team||Hyundai Accent WRC3
Hyundai Accent Extreme 03
| Armin Schwarz
|Škoda Motorsport||Škoda Fabia WRC
Škoda Fabia Extreme 03
Škoda Superb Sonic
| Didier Auriol
|Citroën Total||Citroën Xsara WRC
Citroën Xsara Extreme 03
| Sébastien Loeb
|Mitsubishi Motors||Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII WRC
Mitsubishi Extreme Evolution Max II
Mitsubishi Pajero Dakar
| Alister McRae
Because Colin McRae had his own video game series at this time, Sony could not acquire the license for him to appear, and he was not replaced. The Citroën team therefore had two drivers instead of three.
All 14 rallies from the official 2003 WRC calendar appear on the game.
- Rallye Automobile de Monte Carlo
- Uddeholm Swedish Rally
- Rally of Turkey
- Propecia Rally New Zealand
- Rally Argentina
- Acropolis Rally
- Cyprus Rally
- ADAC Rallye Deutschland
- Neste Rally Finland
- Telstra Rally Australia
- Rallye Sanremo - Rallye d'Italia
- Rallye de France - Tour de Corse
- Rallye Catalunya - Costa Brava (Rallye de España)
- Wales Rally of Great Britain
The game received "average" reviews according to the review aggregation website Metacritic. In Japan, Famitsu gave it a score of one eight, one nine, one seven, and one eight for a total of 32 out of 40. In the UK, Official UK PlayStation 2 Magazine said that the game challenged Colin McRae, and listed it in their top 100 games.
- IGN staff (May 26, 2004). "Gaming Life in Japan". IGN. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- "WRC 3 (ps2: 2003): Reviews". Metacritic. Archived from the original on September 13, 2008. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- CVG staff (November 14, 2003). "PS2 Review: WRC3". Computer and Video Games. Archived from the original on May 26, 2008. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- Edge staff (December 25, 2003). "WRC 3". Edge (131): 123.
- Reed, Kristan (January 15, 2004). "World Rally Championship 3 [sic]". Eurogamer. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- "WRC 3". Official UK PlayStation 2 Magazine. Future Publishing (40). December 2003.
|This racing game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|