|Broadcast area||Wausau-Stevens Point|
|Branding||Fox Sports Radio AM 1390 and FM 93.9|
|Translator(s)||93.9 W230BU (Rothschild)|
|First air date||1958|
|Audience share||1.4, #14 (Sp'06, R&R)|
|Power||10,000 watts day
7,200 watts night
|Callsign meaning||Derived from the name of the Wright family, who put the station on the air.|
|Affiliations||Fox Sports Radio|
|Owner||Duey E. Wright
|Sister stations||WDEZ, WIFC, WOZZ, WSAU, WSAU-FM|
WRIG (1390 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a sports format. Licensed to Schofield, Wisconsin, the station serves the Wausau, Wisconsin area. The station is currently owned by Midwest Communications. and features programming from Fox Sports Radio. WRIG was originally located at 1400 kHz, licensed to Wausau, Wisconsin, broadcasting a Top 40 format until the move to 1390 kHz in 1985 and a switch to an Oldies format. WRIG also broadcast Dial-Global's "Adult Standards" format from 1993 to 2006, and then the Oldies Channel until the move to FOX Sports Radio in 2009. In November 2012, WRIG added a translator station at 93.9 MHz (call sign W230BU).
- Point&MS=WI&MR=170&12P=233900&UP=8/4/2006&SU=C&BPER=&HPER=&OPER=&NSD=&CE=0 "Wausau-Stevens Point Market Ratings" Check
|url=value (help). Radio and Records.
- "WRIG Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WRIG
- Radio-Locator Information on WRIG
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WRIG
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W230BU
- Radio-Locator information on W230BU
|This article about a radio station in Wisconsin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|