|Broadcast area||Brookfield-Danbury, Connecticut|
|Slogan||The Home Of Rock 'n' Roll|
|Repeater(s)||95.1 WRKI-FM1, Norwalk
95.1 WRKI-FM2, Bridgeport
|First air date||July 14, 1957 (as WGHF)|
|HAAT||194 meters (636 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||W RK (Rock) I (branding, I-95)|
|Former callsigns||WGHF (1957-1970)
(Townsquare Media Danbury License, LLC)
|Sister stations||WINE, WDBY, WPUT|
WRKI (95.1 FM, "I-95") is a mainstream rock radio station broadcasting from Brookfield, Connecticut. The station plays classic rock with a few currents as part of the music mix. Its studios and transmitter are based at 1004 Federal Rd in Brookfield, Connecticut. (separately) and is owned by Townsquare Media.
The 95.1 frequency was licensed as WGHF from 1957 through 1970. Sister station WINE-AM signed on in 1963 as a fifty percent simulcast of WGHF. In 1970, the call sign was changed to WINE-FM and remained that way until 1976. 
The station known as "I-95" (which takes its name from Interstate 95) signed on playing Album Oriented Rock at 6PM on December 24, 1976. The first song played was "The Bitch Is Back" by Elton John. The station's original slogan was "Fairfield County's Best Rock." In 1982 the station had a brief detour into Modern Rock and New Wave as "The Rock Of The 80's" but soon returned to its rock roots. The station has also been known as "The Non-Stop Rock Station", "Connecticut's Best Rock & Roll", "Connecticut's Rock & Roll Favorites", "Real Rock" and "Danbury's Rock Station" but has most consistently been and currently known as "The Home Of Rock 'n' Roll."
On August 30, 2013, a deal was announced in which Townsquare Media would acquire 53 Cumulus Media stations, including WRKI, for $238 million. The deal is part of Cumulus Media's acquisition of Dial Global; Townsquare Media and Dial Global are both controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. The sale to Townsquare Media was completed on November 14, 2013.
- Broadcasting Yearbook, 1960
- "Official: Cumulus Media Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare Media ; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare Media, Fresno Spun To Cumulus Media". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus Media Makes Dial Global And Townsquare Media Deals Official". RadioInsight. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus-Townsquare-Peak Deal Closes". All Access. November 15, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- i95 official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WRKI
- Radio-Locator information on WRKI
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WRKI
|This article about a radio station in Connecticut is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|