|Broadcast area||DuPage County, Illinois|
|Slogan||Elmhurst Rock Variety|
|First air date||1962|
|Power||234 watts TPO|
|Callsign meaning||Wired Radio Station Elmhurst (reflecting early years as a carrier-current station|
|Affiliations||Intercollegiate Broadcasting System|
(Board of Trustees)
WRSE strives to entertain and inform the Elmhurst College community, along with eastern and central DuPage County and western parts of Kane County, with student-run non-commercial music and talk programs. Student members are afforded an opportunity to learn about and practice broadcasting, production, and management aspects of radio.
- 1947 - WRS begins as a carrier current station organized by communication vets returning from WWII.
- 1962 - WRSE-FM begins licensed broadcast operation at 88.7mHz with 10 watts. (Dec. 7, 1962)
- 1964 - Moved into new studios in College Union
- 1986 - WRSE boosts power to 100 watts with a directional pattern.
- 2002 - WRSE begins 24/7/365 operation with addition of computerized music automation system.
- 2004 - WRSE begins live web stream.
- 2008 - WRSE boosts power to 320 watts with a directional pattern.
- 2012 - WRSE opens its renovated Studio A.
- Station website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WRSE
- Radio-Locator information on WRSE
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WRSE
- Photo of: WRSE tower & previous antenna at sunset
|This article about a radio station in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|