|City||Kingstree, South Carolina|
|Branding||Swagga 94.1 & 105.9|
|Former callsigns||WAOT (1995-1996)
(AMFM Radio Licenses, L.L.C.)
|Sister stations||WDAR-FM, WDSC, WEGX, WJMX, WJMX-FM, WWRK, WZTF|
WRZE (94.1 FM) is a radio station airing a Mainstream Urban format. Licensed to Kingstree, South Carolina, USA, the station is owned by iHeartMedia, Inc., through licensee AMFM Radio Licenses, L.L.C.
In a deal announced in February 1997, Root Communications Ltd. announced plans to buy eight radio stations owned by Florence, South Carolina-based Atlantic Broadcasting, including WGSS. Qantum Communications Inc. purchased Florence's Root Communications Group LP stations in 2003.
WGSS was "94.1 The Light," an Urban gospel station, prior to 2009.
On May 15, 2014, Qantum Communications announced that it would sell its 29 stations, including WRZE, to Clear Channel Communications (now iHeartMedia) for WALK AM-FM in Patchogue, New York as part of the sale of the WALK stations to Connoisseur Media. The transaction was consummated on September 9, 2014.
|City of license||ERP
|W290CD||105.9||Darlington, South Carolina||145||D||FCC|
Call letter history
The station was assigned the call letters WAOT on 1995-12-01. On 1996-03-22, the station changed its call sign to WGSS. On 2009-03-26, the station changed its call sign to WRZE.
Previously (circ 1952) the call sign WRZE was assigned to an FM station in the York, PA area. This is mentioned in the history of WSBA-AM and is listed in radio listings of that era in the The Evening Sun Hanover, PA.  The reference shows one listing from May 1953 but there are listings for it as far back as mid-1950.
- "WRZE Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Hager-Van Dyke, Charlene (1997-02-20). "Root Communications Eyes 8 Radio Stations In Carolinas". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved 2011-11-01.
- "Changing Hands". Broadcasting & Cable. 2003-03-16. Retrieved 2011-10-13.
- "Florence, SC Metro Survey Area Overview". Retrieved 2009-04-14.
- "Station Overview". Retrieved 2012-09-13.
- Venta, Lance (May 15, 2014). "Qantum Sells To Clear Channel; Connoisseur Expands In Long Island". RadioInsight. Retrieved May 15, 2014.
- "W290CD Radio Station Information". Retrieved 2012-09-13.
- "WRZE Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WRZE
- Radio-Locator information on WRZE
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WRZE
|This article about a radio station in South Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|