|City||New Bern, North Carolina|
|Broadcast area||Kinston, New Bern, Havelock|
|Slogan||The Best Rock|
|First air date||April 29, 1968|
|Owner||Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc.
(Beasley Media Group, LLC)
|Sister stations||WIKS, WMGV, WXNR, WNCT-FM|
WSFL-FM is an FM mainstream rock radio station located in New Bern, North Carolina that broadcasts to the entire eastern region of North Carolina at 106.5 MHz. It has been around for several decades and is considered a fixture in the local community.
In 1995, WSFL/1380 became WCOO after J4 Broadcasting bought the station along with WCKO in Norfolk, Virginia and WCKN in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. These stations began using the WCIN "Classic Oldies" format of R&B, jazz and blues.
- "The Carolinas," The Charlotte Observer, December 10, 1986.
- "Cat Stevens Albums to Get Hot Treatment," The Charlotte Observer, March 3, 1989.
- Tim Funk, "14th Station Picks Up John Boy and Billy," The Charlotte Observer, August 25, 1994.
- Greg Paeth, "WCIN 'Classic Oldies' format expanding into syndication," The Cincinnati Post, June 6, 1995.
- WSFL's official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WSFL
- Radio-Locator information on WSFL
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WSFL
|This article about a radio station in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|