|Broadcast area||Eastern Kentucky
|Frequency||101.1 FM MHz|
|First air date||November 23, 1947|
|Power||100,000 Watts Horizontal
88,000 Watts Vertical
|HAAT||446 meters (1,463 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||Whitaker Sparkman Gorman Sturgill
Last names of the station's original owners
|Owner||Mountain Broadcasting Service, Inc.|
|Sister stations||WJMD, WKIC, WZQQ|
WSGS is a Country formatted broadcast radio station licensed to Hazard, Kentucky, United States, serving Eastern Kentucky and Southwest Virginia. WSGS is owned and operated by Mountain Broadcasting Service, Inc.
Due to the high altitude of the station's transmitter, WSGS's strong signal can be heard throughout eastern Kentucky, southwest Virginia, and northeastern Tennessee, including parts of the Tri-Cities.
- "WSGS & WKIC - Celebrating 66 Years On The Air". WSGS/Mountain Broadcasting Service, Inc. Retrieved June 13, 2013.
- "Arbitron Station Information Profiles". Nielsen Audio/Nielsen Holdings. Retrieved June 13, 2014.
- "WSGS - Timeline Photos". Facebook/Mountain Broadcasting Service, Inc. Retrieved June 13, 2014.
- "WSGS Facility Record". Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved June 13, 2014.
- "60 dBu Service Contour for WSGS, 101.1 MHz, Hazard, KY". Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved June 13, 2014.
- WSGS Online
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WSGS
- Radio-Locator information on WSGS
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WSGS
|This article about a radio station in Kentucky is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|