|City||Lake Ronkonkoma, New York|
|Broadcast area||Long Island|
|Branding||91.9 The Arrow|
|First air date||1968|
|Format||Contemporary Hit Radio|
|HAAT||54 meters (177 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||Sachem High School Radio|
|Owner||Sachem Central School District Holbrook|
WSHR (91.9 FM, "91.9 The Arrow") is a radio station licensed to Lake Ronkonkoma, New York and serves the Long Island area. The station is currently owned by Sachem Central School District Holbrook and operated with assistance from a grant by the U.S. Department of Education since the 1960s. It broadcasts out of both Sachem High School East and Sachem High School North. This school district owned radio station can be heard throughout Suffolk County and parts of Nassau County.
On May 28, 2010, WSHR switched formats from a Jazz and Variety mix to Contemporary Hit Radio as "91.9 The Arrow."
- Projects to Advance Creativity in Education (1969). Pacesetters in innovation. United States Office of Education. p. 286.
- "WSHR Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- "Making Moves: Tuesday, June 1, 2010". Radio-Info.com. June 1, 2010. Archived from the original on March 7, 2012.
- WSHR official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WSHR
- Radio-Locator information on WSHR
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WSHR
- FCC History Cards for WSHR
|This article about a radio station in New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|