From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Broadcast area||Chattanooga and Vicinity|
|First air date||December 1960 (as WLOM)
August 19,1978 (as WSKZ)
|Callsign meaning||We are Super KraZy on FM 106!|
|Former callsigns||WLOM (1960-1974)
(Radio License Holding CBC, LLC)
|Sister stations||WGOW-FM/AM, WOGT|
WSKZ (106.5 FM) is a radio station in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The station operates under a classic rock format and is branded as KZ106. The station is one of four stations operating in the Chattanooga broadcast area by Cumulus Media.
- The station is an affiliate of the John Boy and Billy "Big Show", the nationally syndicated morning comedy show.
- The station is also the areas home for Tennessee Volunteer football.
- The station is one of the few 100,000 watt radio stations in the Chattanooga market.
- Current on-air line up includes:
- The station was once a CHR/Top 40 station from August from 19th of 1978, till late 1993.
- Before becoming WSKZ in 1978, the station was owned by Ted Turner, and played an easy listening format, under the call letters WYNQ, and was branded "Wink-FM".
- KZ 106 official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WSKZ
- Radio-Locator information on WSKZ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WSKZ