|Broadcast area||Staunton, Virginia
Augusta County, Virginia
|Slogan||"The 80's to Now"|
|First air date||May 29, 1959|
|Callsign meaning||W Shenandoah Valley Oldies
|Former callsigns||WSGM (1959-1992)
(CC Licenses, LLC)
|Sister stations||WACL, WAZR, WKCI, WKCY, WKCY-FM, WKDW|
WSVO (93.1 FM) is an Adult Contemporary formatted broadcast radio station licensed to Staunton, Virginia and serving Staunton and Augusta County, Virginia. WSVO is owned and operated by iHeartMedia.
WSVO first launched with the callsign WSGM on May 29, 1959.
The station became Country on February 13, 1992, and changed the callsign to WKDW-FM, becoming a sister station of WKDW-AM at 900 AM, which was also carrying a Country format. WKDW-FM remained a sister station of WKDW-AM until March 28, 1994 when the callsign for 900 AM was switched to WBGT. It was also around this time that the station's format was switched from a Country format to Oldies, branded as "Oldies 93.1".
On January 31, 1996, the WKDW callsign was reassigned to 900 AM, while 93.1 FM became WSVO. The station continued to carry its Oldies format until 11:00 P.M. on April 3, 2005, when the format was changed to Adult Contemporary, branded as "Mix 93.1; The 80s to Now".
- "Arbitron Station Information Profiles". www1.arbitron.com.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "WSVO Facility Record". Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "As the dominos fall, SVO goes AC". VARTV.com. April 4, 2005.
- Mix 93-1 Online
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WSVO
- Radio-Locator information on WSVO
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WSVO
|This article about a radio station in Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|