|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Broadcast area||Peoria, Illinois|
|First air date||1964 (as WIRL-FM)|
Christmas music (Nov.-Dec.)
|HAAT||146 meters (479 ft)|
|Transmitter coordinates||Coordinates: (NAD83)|
|Callsign meaning||SWeeT (previous nickname/format)|
|Former callsigns||WUHN (1971–?)
(Alpha Media Licensee LLC)
|Sister stations||WIRL (traditional and current); WMBD, WPBG, WNGY, and WXCL (current)|
WSWT, branded as "Mix 106.9", is a radio station broadcasting an Adult Contemporary format. It is licensed to Peoria, Illinois in the Peoria radio market. The station is currently owned by Alpha Media. Mornings are hosted by Randy Rundle and Stacy Campbell.
For many years WSWT was a beautiful music station using the "W-Sweet" slogan. Walter Thurman was a longtime announcer at the station. Beginning in the 1980s the station gradually evolved into a soft adult contemporary station and then to the adult contemporary station that is the format today. On weekends, the station devoted most of its schedule to '80s music for more than two full decades until its rebrand to "Mix 106.9" on December 26, 2014.
- "Call Letter Origins". Radio History on the Web.
- C, Mike (2009-07-14). "Constant Rotation, the fifth part.". The Skull & Pumpkin Public House. Blogger.
The Peoria Plague, a remarkably dark and effective alien/zombie plague drama from WUHN 106.9 Peoria IL, broadcast in 1971 or '72. There's no hard date for it (the station became WUHN in '71, but some say the production wasn't done during its first year).
- White, Tim (2002-11-24). "#56". 1290 WIRL Guestbook. Retrieved 2010-10-11.
- Henry (2002-10-01). "#50". 1290 WIRL Guestbook. Retrieved 2010-10-11.
- "WSWT Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WSWT Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WSWT
- Radio-Locator information on WSWT
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WSWT
- "The Peoria Plague" on Archive.org — a radio drama that aired on the station in the early 1970s
|This article about a radio station in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|