|City||Vero Beach, Florida|
|Broadcast area||Treasure Coast|
|Translator(s)||105.7 Mhz (W289CF)|
|First air date||1954|
|Format||News Talk Information|
|Power||1,000 watts unlimited|
|Callsign meaning||Where The Tropics Begin|
|Affiliations||ABC Radio , Westwood One, Premiere Radio Networks|
|Owner||Treasure & Space Coast Radio
(Vero Beach Broadcasters, LLC)
|Sister stations||WGYL, WJKD, WOSN|
WTTB (1490 AM, 105.7 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a News Talk Information format. Licensed to Vero Beach, Florida, USA, the station serves the Vero Beach area. The station is currently licensed to Vero Beach Broadcasters, LLC and features programming from ABC Radio, Westwood One and Premiere Radio Networks. It is one of the oldest radio stations along the Treasure Coast. Although it is widely believed the station's slogan, Where the tropics begin, originated with WTTB, Dr. John Leroy Hutchison has been credited for coining the phrase back in the 1920s–nearly three decades before WTTB went on the air. The phrase was used in the 2009 television series pilot for CBS's Harper's Island.
- "WTTB Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Russ Lemon (April 11, 2009). "Russ Lemmon: Slogan 'Where The Tropics Begin' from early 1920s".
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WTTB
- Radio-Locator Information on WTTB
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WTTB
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W289CF
|This article about a radio station in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|