|Broadcast area||Tuscaloosa and Vicinity|
|Branding||WTUG 92.9 FM|
|Slogan||Today's R&B & Old School|
|Frequency||92.9 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|Translator(s)||100.9 W265CG (Tuscaloosa, relays HD2)|
|First air date||1979|
|Format||Urban Adult Contemporary
HD2: Sports (WNPT-FM simulcast)
(Townsquare Media Tuscaloosa License, LLC)
|Sister stations||WFFN, WBEI, WNPT, WTSK, WTBC|
WTUG-FM (92.9 FM) is a radio station serving the Tuscaloosa, Alabama, vicinity with an Urban Adult Contemporary format.  Licensed to Northport, Alabama, USA. The station is currently owned by Townsquare Media.
In February 2005, Apex Broadcasting Inc. (Houston L. Pearce, chairman) reached an agreement to sell WTUG-FM and six other radio stations in Alabama to Citadel Broadcasting (Farid Suleman, chairman/CEO) for a reported sale price of $29 million. Citadel merged with Cumulus Media on September 16, 2011.
Cumulus sold WTUG-FM and its sister stations to Townsquare Media effective July 31, 2012. WTUG simulcasts severe weather coverage from ABC 33/40 when there is a tornado warning within its listening area.
- "WTUG-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Deals - 2/21/2005". Broadcasting & Cable. 2005-02-21.
- "Cumulus now owns Citadel Broadcasting". Atlanta Business Journal. September 16, 2011. Retrieved September 16, 2011.
- WTUG 92.9 FM official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WTUG
- Radio-Locator information on WTUG
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WTUG
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W265CG
- Radio-Locator information on W265CG
|This article about a radio station in Alabama is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|