|Broadcast area||Tuscaloosa and Vicinity|
|Branding||WTUG 92.9 FM|
|Slogan||Tuscaloosa's #1 For R&B Hits and Classics|
|Frequency||92.9 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|Translator(s)||97.5 W248BO (Tuscaloosa, relays HD3)|
100.9 W265CG (Tuscaloosa, relays HD2)
|First air date||1979|
|Format||Urban Adult Contemporary|
HD2: Sports (WTID simulcast)
HD3: Classic hits "Nick 97.5"
|HAAT||298.8 meters (980 ft)|
|Owner||Townsquare Media |
(Townsquare Media Tuscaloosa License, LLC)
|Sister stations||WFFN, WQRR, WTID, WTBC, WTSK|
Listen Live (HD3)
WTUG-FM (92.9 FM) is a radio station serving the Tuscaloosa, Alabama, vicinity with an Urban Adult Contemporary format. Licensed to Northport, Alabama, United States. The station is currently owned by Townsquare Media.
In February 2005, Apex Broadcasting Inc. (Houston L. Pearce, chairman) reached an agreement to sell WTUG-FM and six other radio stations in Alabama to Citadel Broadcasting (Farid Suleman, chairman/CEO) for a reported sale price of $29 million. Citadel merged with Cumulus Media on September 16, 2011.
Cumulus sold WTUG-FM and its sister stations to Townsquare Media on July 31, 2012.
WTUG-FM provides regular weather coverage from ABC 33/40 Chief Meteorologist James Spann. During times of active severe, tropical, and Winter weather events, WTUG-FM provides West Alabama's only live and local weather coverage on the radio, with local, in-house, Staff Meteorologist Bobby Best.
Additionally, under the ownership of Townsquare Media and the direction of Market President/Chief Revenue Officer David R. Dubose, WTUG-FM also provides West Alabama radio's only live and local news coverage with News Director Don Hartley and West Alabama's only live and local traffic coverage with Traffic Reporter Capt'n Ray.
|City of license||Facility
|Class||Transmitter coordinates||FCC info||Notes|
|W248BO||97.5||Tuscaloosa, Alabama||150864||52||179.1 m (588 ft)||D||FCC||Relays WTUG-FM HD3|
|W265CG||100.9||Tuscaloosa, Alabama||148566||250||0 m (0 ft)||D||FCC||Relays WTUG-FM HD2|
- "WTUG-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Deals - 2/21/2005". Broadcasting & Cable. 2005-02-21.
- "Cumulus now owns Citadel Broadcasting". Atlanta Business Journal. September 16, 2011. Retrieved September 16, 2011.
- WTUG 92.9 FM official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WTUG
- Radio-Locator information on WTUG
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WTUG
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W248BO
- Radio-Locator information on W248BO
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W265CG
- Radio-Locator information on W265CG
|This article about a radio station in Alabama is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|