|City||Plattsburgh, New York|
|Broadcast area||Burlington-Plattsburgh area|
|Branding||Mid Century Radio|
|Translator(s)||103.7 W279DE (Plattsburgh)|
|First air date||June 15, 1968|
|Power||5,000 watts (daytime only)|
|Call sign meaning||PLattsBurgh|
|Former call signs||WKDR (1968–1993)|
|Owner||A & J Radio LLC|
|Sister stations||WPLA, WXMS|
WPLB (1070 AM) is a radio station broadcasting an oldies format. Licensed to Plattsburgh, New York, United States, the station serves the Burlington-Plattsburgh area. The station is owned by A & J Radio LLC. WPLB's programming is also heard on translator station W279DE (103.7 FM) in Plattsburgh.
The station went on the air on June 15, 1968 as WKDR. It became WNWX on June 1, 1993. On April 14, 1995, the station changed its call sign to WZBZ; on January 23, 1998 to WDOT; on July 15, 1999 to WGLY; on February 23, 2001 to WLFE; on April 23, 2002 to WTWK and on January 15, 2017 to WPLB.
A & J Radio acquired WTWK from Radio Broadcasting Services (a subsidiary of Northeast Broadcasting) for $140,000 on October 24, 2016. At the time of the sale, the station was running a business news format supplied by Bloomberg Radio. In January 2017, after briefly simulcasting WZXP (a country music station operated by A & J but owned by Radioactive, LLC), the station introduced its present oldies and classic country format, which was transferred from former sister stations WCAT and WRSA.
|City of license||Facility
|Class||Transmitter coordinates||FCC info|
|W279DE||103.7||Plattsburgh, New York||148772||220||D||FCC|
- 1994 Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook, page B-257
- "WPLB Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- https://www.fybush.com/nerw-20170116/ Prog talk fades away
- "WKDR (WPLB) FCC history cards" (PDF). CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- "WPLB Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "APPLICATION FOR CONSENT TO ASSIGNMENT OF BROADCAST STATION CONSTRUCTION PERMIT OR LICENSE". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. September 28, 2016. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- "Consummation Notice". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. October 27, 2016. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- "WTWK-A/Plattsburgh, NY Sold; College Finds Buyer For FM It Shut Down". All Access. July 26, 2016. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- Venta, Lance (January 16, 2017). "Mid-Century Radio Moves Across Lake Champlain". RadioInsight. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WPLB
- Radio-Locator Information on WPLB
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WPLB
|This article about a radio station in New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|