|Broadcast area||Tuscaloosa, Alabama|
|Branding||Alabama Public Radio|
|Frequency||91.5 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|Translator(s)||92.5 W223BZ (Tuscaloosa, relays HD2)|
|First air date||September 7, 1972|
|Format||FM/HD1: Public radio|
HD2: Campus radio "UA Info Radio"
|HAAT||158 meters (518 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||W University of ALabama|
|Affiliations||National Public Radio|
American Public Media
Public Radio International
|Owner||University of Alabama |
(University of Alabama)
WUAL-FM (91.5 FM) is an American non-commercial educational radio station licensed to serve Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The station, established in 1972, is owned by the University of Alabama, and is the flagship affiliate of Alabama Public Radio, airing the network's programming consisting of news and talk programming, classical music, folk music, jazz, adult album alternative, and nostalgic music programs. The station's 100,000–watt signal covers a region extending from beyond Birmingham to the east to beyond the state line of Mississippi to the west.
- "Directory of Radio Stations in the United States and Canada" (PDF). The Broadcasting Yearbook 1990. Washington, DC: Broadcasting Publications, Inc. 1990. p. B-14. Retrieved December 21, 2011.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Retrieved December 21, 2011.
- APR official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WUAL
- Radio-Locator information on WUAL
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WUAL
|This article about a radio station in Alabama is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|