|Broadcast area||Marion-Carbondale (IL) area|
|Slogan||Southern Illinois Greatest Hits|
|First air date||February 22, 1991|
|Former callsigns||WYGF (1991-1991)
(MRR License LLC)
|Sister stations||WCIL, WCIL-FM, WJPF, WOOZ-FM, WXLT|
WUEZ (95.1 FM, "Magic 95.1") is a radio station broadcasting a classic hits format. Licensed to Carterville, Illinois, United States, the station serves the Marion-Carbondale (IL) area. The station is currently owned by Max Media and licensed to MRR License LLC.
On March 20, 2015 WUEZ changed their format from adult contemporary to classic hits, retaining the "Magic 95.1" branding.
In December 2003, Mississippi River Radio, acting as Max Media LLC (John Trinder, president/COO), reached an agreement to purchase WCIL, WCIL-FM, WJPF, WOOZ-FM, WUEZ, WXLT, KCGQ-FM, KEZS-FM, KGIR, KGKS, KJEZ, KKLR-FM, KLSC, KMAL, KSIM, KWOC, and KZIM from the Zimmer Radio Group (James L. Zimmer, owner). The reported value of this 17 station transaction was $43 million.
- "WUEZ Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WUEZ Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WUEZ Shifts To Classic Hits". RadioInsight.
- Homan, John D. (2003-12-19). "Zimmer sells 17 radio stations". Southern Illinoisan.
The Zimmer Radio Group, a family-owned media company, announced Wednesday it will sell 17 of its 32 stations [...] to Mississippi River Radio.
- "Changing Hands - 1/12/2004". Broadcasting & Cable. 2004-01-12.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WUEZ
- Radio-Locator information on WUEZ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WUEZ
|This article about a radio station in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|