|City||Charlotte Amalie, U.S. Virgin Islands|
|Slogan||The Island's Phattest Flava|
|Frequency||105.3 FM (MHz)|
|First air date||December 23, 1985|
|Format||Mainstream Urban/Reggae, Calypso music|
|HAAT||483 meters (1586 feet)|
|Callsign meaning||W V JamZ|
|Former callsigns||WVGN (1985-1998)|
|Owner||Ackley Media Group
|Sister stations||WVWI, WWKS, WIVI|
WVJZ (105.3 FM) is a radio station licensed to serve Charlotte Amalie, U.S. Virgin Islands. The station is licensed to GARK LLC which is wholly owned by Gordon P. Ackley as part of the Ackley Media Group. It airs an Mainstream Urban and Reggae music format.
Lonely Planet's guide to the Virgin Islands describes this station as "the station for continuous R&B" in the USVI.
GARK LLC, originally a partnership between Gordon Ackley and Randolph Knight, was acquired solely by Gordon Ackley in April 2006 when Ackley bought out Knight's 50% interest for an undisclosed sum. GARK LLC is the licensee of WVJZ as well as sister stations WVWI and WWKS. Local press coverage pegged the sale price "in the neighborhood of $4.3 million" for the three-station combo.
|City of license||ERP
|W276CH||103.1 FM||Frederiksted, U.S. Virgin Islands||10||FCC|
- "Fall 2007 Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- Peffer, Randall (2001). Virgin Islands. Oakland, California: Lonely Planet. p. 41. ISBN 0-86442-735-2.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- BIA Financial Networks (2006-05-01). "Deals". Broadcasting & Cable.
- Pennington, Shaun A. (2006-04-28). "Knight to Sell Radio One, KISS and JAMZ". St. Thomas Source. Retrieved December 25, 2007.
- Ackley Media Group
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WVJZ
- Radio-Locator information on WVJZ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WVJZ
|This article about a radio station in the United States Virgin Islands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|