|Broadcast area||Tuscaloosa, Alabama|
|Translator(s)||96.9 W245BR (Tuscaloosa)|
|First air date||1992 (as WIDO)|
|Format||Urban Adult Contemporary|
|HAAT||134 meters (440 feet)|
|Former callsigns||WIDO (1988-1993)|
|Owner||Jim Lawson Communications, Inc.|
WWPG (104.3 FM) is a radio station licensed to serve Eutaw, Alabama, United States. The station is owned by Jim Lawson Communications, Inc. First licensed to broadcast in 1992, WWPG-FM currently airs an urban adult contemporary music format.
The Federal Communications Commission granted the original construction permit for this radio station on August 18, 1988. This new station was assigned call letters WIDO on September 27, 1988. The station's license to cover was granted on May 5, 1992.
In August 1992, Grantell Broadcasting Company reached an agreement to sell then-WIDO to Jim Lawson Communications, Inc. The FCC approved the deal on October 23, 1992, and the transaction was consummated on April 2, 1993. The new owners had the station's callsign changed to WQLQ on May 18, 1983. This callsign lasted until another change, this time to WWQZ, on January 13, 1997, which was followed rapidly by another change on March 1, 1997, to WQZZ. The callsign again changed, this time to the current WWPG, on May 18, 2010.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Application Search Details (BPH-19880210MK)". FCC Media Bureau. 1988-08-18.
- "Application Search Details (BLH-19900806KD)". FCC Media Bureau. 1992-05-05.
- "Application Search Details (BALH-19920812HA)". FCC Media Bureau. 1992-10-23.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WWPG
- Radio-Locator information on WWPG
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WWPG