|Broadcast area||Huntsville, Alabama|
|Branding||1400 The Team|
|Slogan||"The Valley's Sports Leader"|
|First air date||1935 (as WMSL)|
|Callsign meaning||W W TeaM|
|Former callsigns||WMSL (1935-1987)|
|Owner||Brantley Broadcast Associates, LLC|
WWTM (1400 AM, "1400 The Team") is a sports/talk formatted radio station licensed to Decatur, Alabama, that serves Decatur, Huntsville, and the northwest Alabama region. The station is owned by Brantley Broadcast Associates, LLC.
The station derives almost all of its programming from ESPN Radio. Weekend programming from other providers includes "Tee It Up" from Fourteenth Colony Productions. Weekend programming during the football season also includes "NFL Preview", "NFL Insider" and "NCAA Football Insider" from Westwood One, plus "Pro Football Weekly" from Syndication Networks.
The station started in 1935 as WMSL and was owned by Mutual Savings Life. Later owners included Frank Whisenant and Clete Quick. Under Whisenant, it acquired a sister television station, WMSL-TV (channel 23, now WAFF on channel 48 in Huntsville) and an FM sister (on 92.5 and 102.1, now WVNN-FM).
In March 1987 the call letters were changed to WAVD, which they remained until becoming WWTM, the current call sign, in June 2001.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "THE MEDIA BUSINESS; CBS to Sell 5 Boston-Area Radio Stations". The New York Times. 1998-08-14.
- "Mass Media Bureau Call Sign Actions" (PDF). Federal Communications Commission. 2000-08-28.
- WWTM official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WWTM
- Radio-Locator Information on WWTM
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WWTM