|City||Big Pine Key, Florida|
|HAAT||138 meters (453 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||W W US-1|
(Florida Keys Media, LLC)
|Sister stations||WCNK, WAVK|
WWUS covers the lower and middle Keys, and reaches the coast of Cuba near Havana. WWUS has a sister station (WCNK, 98.7 MHz, 100 kW) that plays contemporary country music and broadcasts also with 100 kW of power. These stations are also family of WAVK from Marathon Key, part of Florida Keys Media, LLC.
Originally, US-1 Radio had its signal on 104.7 FM and broadcast with much lower power. Now it is one of the most powerful stations in the Florida Keys and a reference for news and hurricane warnings for sailors and citizens of the Keys.
In August 2013, Gamma Broadcasting, LLC reached a deal to sell its Florida Keys stations (including WWUS) to Florida Keys Media, LLC (a company controlled by Robert H. Holladay). The sale of WWUS and WCNK, at a price of $475,000, was consummated on January 31, 2014.
- "Ownership Of Green Bay Cluster Goes Back From Clear Channel To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- US-1 Radio official website
- Conch Country official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WWUS
- Radio-Locator information on WWUS
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WWUS
|This article about a radio station in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|