|City||Bowling Green, Virginia|
|Broadcast area||Metro Fredericksburg|
|Branding||"96.9 The Rock"|
|Slogan||Your Classic Rock Station|
|First air date||October 1998|
|Former callsigns||WLMN (1991-1998)|
|Owner||Alpha Media LLC
(Alpha Media Licensee LLC)
|Sister stations||WFLS-FM, WNTX, WVBX|
WWUZ is a Classic rock formatted broadcast radio station licensed to Bowling Green, Virginia, serving Metro Fredericksburg. WWUZ is owned and operated by Alpha Media LLC, through licensee Alpha Media Licensee LLC.
The station first took the callsign WLMN on August 23, 1991 and changed it to WWUZ on August 10, 1998.
WWUZ officially launched in October 1998 with a Classic rock format. In April 2000, the station switched to Classic Hits, branded as "96.9 the Rock". In February 2002, WWUZ changed back to its Classic Rock format, branded as "Classic Rock 96.9". On March 15, 2012, WWUZ changed its branding to "96.9 the Rock", but kept the Classic Rock format.
On January 23, 2015, Alpha Media "entered into a definitive agreement" to purchase WWUZ and sister stations WFLS-FM, WNTX, WVBX from Free Lance-Star License, Inc. for an unknown sum. The purchase was consummated on May 1, 2015, at a price of $8.1 million.
- "WWUZ Facility Record". Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WWUZ 96.9 245A". VARTV.com. June 25, 2012.
- Dyson, Cathy (April 24, 2007). "Warning: 'The Sopranos' were here". The Free Lance–Star. Retrieved March 18, 2012.
- "Alpha Media To Purchase Free Lance-Star Radio Stations". All Access Music Group. January 23, 2015. Retrieved January 23, 2015.
- 96-9 The Rock Online
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WWUZ
- Radio-Locator information on WWUZ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WWUZ
|This article about a radio station in Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|