|City||Blowing Rock, North Carolina|
|Translator(s)||95.3 W237EG (Boone)|
|First air date||1983 (as WOIX)|
|Power||10,000 watts day
7,000 watts critical hours
|Former callsigns||WOIX (1982-1986)
|Former frequencies||1510 kHz|
|Affiliations||CBS Radio, Westwood One, Jones Radio Network|
|Owner||High Country Ventures, LLC|
|Sister stations||WWMY, WZJS, WATA, WECR, WMMY|
WXIT (1200 AM) is a radio station that broadcasts in a top 40/CHR format. Licensed to Blowing Rock, in the U.S. state of North Carolina. The station is currently owned by High Country Ventures, LLC and features programming from CBS Radio, Westwood One and Jones Radio Network.
Aisling purchased these stations, as well as WATA and WZJS, which were owned by Highland Communication Associates. Aisling went into receivership in early 2008. George Reed of Media Services Group was appointed to manage the stations until a buyer was found.
On August 20, 2016 WXIT changed their format from news/talk to top 40/CHR, branded as "Pulse Boone".
- "FCC Construction Permit". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Scott Nicholson, "Receivership: Local Stations Seek Buyer," The Watauga Democrat, March 14, 2008.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WXIT
- Radio-Locator Information on WXIT
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WXIT
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W237EG
- Radio-Locator information on W237EG
|This article about a radio station in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|