|Broadcast area||Aroostook County, Maine|
|Affiliations||USA Radio Network, Genesis Communications Network|
First air date
|February 2, 1981|
Former call signs
|710 kHz (1981-2007)|
|Power||5,000 watts (daytime)|
60 watts (nighttime)
WXME (780 AM) is a radio station located in Monticello, Maine, United States serving the Northern Maine market and broadcasts a news/talk and rock music format. The station is owned and operated by Allan Weiner, who also owns the shortwave station WBCQ. WXME's broadcast facilities are co-located with WBCQ shortwave and WBCQ-FM 94.7.
WXME was formerly known as WCXH 780, WREM 710, and WOZW 710.
In the summer of 2007, the station moved to 780 kHz, increased power to 5,000 watts daytime non-directional and 60 watts nighttime non-directional, and changed its call sign to WCXH, simulcasting Channel X Radio from Caribou, Maine.
By 2008, WCXH had dropped the Channel X Radio simulcast; on September 10, 2008, the station changed its call letters to WXME. In 2009 the station carried a talk radio format largely from Fox News Radio. From March 2010 to July 2010 the station simulcasted Central Maine-based WSKW's oldies format before reverting to the previous News/Talk format. In February 2011 the station returned to a simulcast of WEGP. In the summer of 2014 WXME changed to an oldies/classic hits format before reverting to a News/Talk format in early 2015. In 2018, WXME obtained a license for an FM translator on 98.3 FM. Since then, the station has broadcast a news/talk format during the daylight hours and rock music at night.
|City of license||Facility
|W252DW||98.3||Monticello, Maine||201363||175||D||FCC LMS|
- The Official Logo Of 98.3 WXME
- Access To The Airwaves by Allan H. Weiner (ISBN 1-55950-163-4), p. 106.
- "North East Radio Watch by Scott Fybush". Fybush.com. 1981-11-03. Retrieved 2013-10-16.
- "North East Radio Watch by Scott Fybush, July 30, 2007". Fybush.com. 2007-07-30. Retrieved 2013-10-16.
- "North East Radio Watch by Scott Fybush, September 29, 2008". Fybush.com. Retrieved 2013-10-16.
- WXME in the FCC AM station database
- WXME on Radio-Locator
- WXME in Nielsen Audio's AM station database