|Broadcast area||Saltville, Virginia/Marion, Virginia|
|First air date||1981|
|Power||23,000 Watts daytime
11 Watts nighttime
|Owner||Continental Media Group, LLC|
Smyth County, Virginia authorities arrested WXMY owner Jeff Raynor on Wednesday, July 18, 2007. Raynor was charged with one count of using electronic communication to solicit sexual activity with a child and one count of possession of child pornography.
On July 19, 2007, WXMY fell silent and the WXMY website was taken offline.
On Wednesday, July 25, 2007, WXMY came back on the air and was being run by Wendy Raynor. The station is also now being listed as owned by Continental Media Group, LLC in the FCC database, previously it showed Jeffrey L. Raynor as owner.
According to the station's website (as of Sep 2, 2007), WXMY had fallen silent. Then in October 2007, WXMY returned to the airwaves with a Classic Country format.
FCC license issues
In February 2007, the station received permission for Pre Sunrise and Post Sunset operations, which allows a daytime-only AM station to operate at reduced power during the period shortly before sunrise and shortly after sunset when the FCC determines the station does not need to ceaso operations to protect other AM stations.
On April 30, 2007, Continental Media Group had applied with the FCC to increase power from 5kW to 23 kW (Daytime) and 11 watts at night. That application is still pending as of December 30, 2007..
- "WXMY Facility Record". Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Saltville radio station WXMY off air; owner arrested on charges of soliciting sex with a child, possession of child porn". Kingsport Times-News. July 19, 2007. Retrieved 2007-07-25.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WXMY
- Radio-Locator Information on WXMY
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WXMY
|This article about a radio station in Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|