|Broadcast area||Rockford and Vicinity|
|Slogan||"Rockford's New Country."|
|First air date||1965|
|Former callsigns||WFRL-FM, WELL|
(Townsquare Media Rockford License, LLC)
|Sister stations||WKGL, WROK, WZOK|
WXXQ (98.5 FM, "Q98.5") is a radio station serving the Rockford, Illinois, United States, area with a country music format. (Prior to country, the station ran a Top 40 format for a time). WXXQ broadcasts on FM frequency 98.5 MHz and is under ownership of Townsquare Media. WXXQ was originally WFRL-FM, with sister station WFRL-AM, sharing studios that were located in Freeport, Illinois.
On August 30, 2013, a deal was announced in which Townsquare would acquire 53 Cumulus Media stations, including WXXQ, for $238 million. The deal was part of Cumulus' acquisition of Dial Global; Townsquare and Dial Global were both controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. The Cumulus transaction was consummated effective November 14, 2013.
- "Official: Cumulus Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare, Fresno Spun To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus Makes Dial Global And Townsquare Deals Official". RadioInsight. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WXXQ
- Radio-Locator information on WXXQ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WXXQ
- Q98.5 - Official Website
|This article about a radio station in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|