|Broadcast area||Huntsville, Alabama|
|Branding||Fiesta Mexicana 890|
|First air date||October 1, 1956|
|Power||2,500 watts (day only)|
|Affiliations||American Family Radio|
|Owner||Decatur Communications Properties, LLC|
WYAM (890 AM, "Fiesta Mexicana 890") is a Spanish language Variety formatted radio station licensed to serve Hartselle, Alabama. The station primarily serves the Huntsville, Alabama, area. It is owned by Decatur Communications Properties, LLC.
Due to FCC regulations, the station must sign-off at sunset, to protect Chicago's WLS. The WYAM transmitter is located about 1 mile south of the Tennessee River adjacent to I-65. FCC sunset is at various times, yet this transmitter is normally on 24 hours a day.
WYAM is a former affiliate of the now-defunct Outdoor Sports Radio Network. The station carried limited OSRN programming, including Gary Sohmers' "Calling All Collectors" on Saturday mornings.
WYAM also has a television department, WYAM TV51, which airs live programming and satellite programming from around the country, offers video editing services, and ad buys for commercials advertising.
In September 1999, WYAM was sold to Priority Communications LLC (Danis L. Willingham and James D. Early, members) by WAJF Inc. (d/b/a Grass Roots American Inc.) for a reported sale price of $75,000. In September 2003, Priority Communications consummated its transfer of the WYAM license to Decatur Communications Properties LLC, the station's current owner.
- "WYAM Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Alabama Radio Reaches Hispanics". Columbus Ledger-Enquirer. Columbus, Georgia. 2001-07-05. p. C4.
Suzie Wiley's radio station had a special mission on Independence Day — explaining what the holiday is all about. Wiley's WYAM-AM has started a new Spanish-language program called Juntos that caters to north Alabama's growing Hispanic population.
- "Station Listing - Alabama". American Family Radio.
- Steiner, Ina. "Calling All Collectors Radio Show". This & That: Online Auction Roundup.
- "WTAK-FM Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- BIA Financial Networks (1999-12-20). "Changing Hands". Broadcasting & Cable.
- "Application Search Details - 287015". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Application Search Details - 660742". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.