|Former callsigns||WDYN-FM 89.7|
|Owner||Bible Broadcasting Network|
WYBK (89.7 FM) is a non-commercial radio station broadcasting a Christian radio format. Licensed to Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States, the station serves the Chattanooga area and south-central Tennessee. The station is currently owned by the Bible Broadcasting Network.
For many years, FM 89.7 was the frequency for WDYN, owned by Tennessee Temple University of Chattanooga, Tennessee. WDYN began as the campus station for the then-Tennessee Temple College in 1968. In November 2010, Tennessee Temple sold the station's tansmitters and frequency to Bible Broadcasting Network for $2.5 million as WYBK. The school retained the studio facilities, and continued to broadcast on the internet. The school subsequently purchased WUUS (AM 980) from 3 Daughters Media for $175,000, and began broadcasting its signal on that frequency on December 4, 2010.
- "Lovett says radio sale will extend gospel reach". timesfreepress.com.
- "Chattanooga backfill deal gets school back in the radio biz". rbr.com.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WYBK
- Radio-Locator information on WYBK
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WYBK
|This Tennessee radio station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|