|Broadcast area||York, Pennsylvania|
|Slogan||Where Classic Rock Lives|
|First air date||1962|
|HAAT||283 meters (928 ft)|
|Transmitter coordinates||Coordinates: (NAD27)|
|Callsign meaning||W York City Radio|
|Former callsigns||WHVR-FM (1960-1962)|
Forever Media |
(FM Radio Licenses, LLC)
|Sister stations||WHVR WGTY WGET|
WYCR (98.5 FM, "Rocky 98.5") is a commercial FM radio station licensed to serve York-Hanover, Pennsylvania. The station is owned by Forever Media, through licensee FM Radio Licenses, LLC, and broadcasts a classic rock format. Its broadcast tower is located near Hanover at ( ).
The Federal Communications Commission granted Radio Hanover, Inc. a construction permit for the station on June 15, 1960 with the WHVR-FM call sign. The station was granted its first license on December 27, 1962 by which time the call sign had been changed to WYCR.
On March 1, 2016, Radio Hanover Inc. sold WYCR (and WHVR) to Forever Media for $2.6 million. The new owner changed WYCR's format to classic rock and re-branded the station as "Rocky 98.5" on April 25, 2016.
- "FM Query Results for WYCR". fcc.gov. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "Rocky 98.5 York". foreveryork.com. Retrieved 2017-04-17.
- "History Cards for WYCR". fcc.gov. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "In Brief - December 14, 2004". fmqb.com. December 14, 2004. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- Maddux, Jason (December 14, 2015). "Hanover radio stations WHVR, WYCR sold for $2.6 million; staff will remain on board". pennlive.com. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- Venta, Lance (April 24, 2016). "WYCR to Rebrand as Rocky 98.5". radioinsight.com. Retrieved 2017-01-09.