|City||Asbury Park, New Jersey|
|Branding||Radio Bonne Nouvelle|
|Slogan||"La Voix de la Communauté Evangelique Haitienne"|
|First air date||1994|
|Owner||Minority Business & Housing Development, Inc.|
WYGG (88.1 FM, "Radio Bonne Nouvelle") is a radio station licensed to serve Asbury Park, New Jersey. The station is owned by Minority Business & Housing Development, Inc. It airs a religious radio format. The station's nickname translates to "Good News Radio" in English.
WYGG serves the Haitian-American community of Asbury Park and the greater New York City area with religious, community involvement, and information programming. The station broadcasts in French, English, and Creole.
Journalist Maureen Nevin created and has hosted a weekly public affairs talk show called "Asbury Radio — The Radio Voice of Asbury Park" for more than six years, during which time the show reported on the redevelopment of the city's waterfront. In November 2006, the FCC ordered the 100-watt station off the air for radiation signing violations it cited in a December 20, 2007 letter, and fined the station $25,000. The station resumed in February 2007 and gained approval to broadcast at 1500 watts. However, Asbury Radio did not return to the air.
In December 1998, Minority Business and Housing Development Inc. (Abner Louima, president), reached an agreement to purchase WYGG from Evangelical Crusade of Fishers of Men, Inc., for $1. United Press International characterized this as "a financial formality for what amounts to a gift." The FCC approved the transfer to MBHD in May 2000.
- Chen, David W. (2001-07-17). "All Languages, All the Time, And All Over the Suburban Dial". New York Times.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Goldenseal, WRSU make a connection". Asbury Park Press. 2008-02-17.
- Holmes, Alisa (1999-02-15). "Changing Hands". Broadcasting & Cable.
- "Louima to Buy NJ Radio Station". United Press International. 1999-02-08.
- "Application Search Details". Federal Communications Commission.
- WYGG official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WYGG
- Radio-Locator information on WYGG
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WYGG
- Asbury Radio's official website
|This article about a radio station in New Jersey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|