|Broadcast area||South East Georgia & North East Florida|
|Former callsigns||WQCW (1983-1986)
|Affiliations||Premiere Radio Networks|
(AMFM Radio Licenses, L.L.C.)
|Sister stations||WHFX, WQGA, WGIG|
WYNR (102.5 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a Country music format. Licensed to Waycross, Georgia, USA, the station serves the Brunswick, Georgia/Jacksonville, Florida area. The station is currently owned by iHeartMedia, Inc., through licensee AMFM Radio Licenses, L.L.C.
The station was assigned the call sign WQCW on September 19, 1983. On December 31, 1986, the station changed its call sign to WAYX-FM; on November 1, 1987 to WBGA and on October 8, 2002 to the current WYNR.
On May 15, 2014, Qantum Communications announced that it would sell its 29 stations, including WYNR, to Clear Channel Communications for WALK AM-FM in Patchogue, New York as part of the sale of the WALK stations to Connoisseur Media. The transaction was consummated on September 9, 2014.
- "WYNR Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WYNR Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Venta, Lance (May 15, 2014). "Qantum Sells To Clear Channel; Connoisseur Expands In Long Island". RadioInsight. Retrieved May 15, 2014.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WYNR
- Radio-Locator information on WYNR
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WYNR
|This article about a radio station in the state of Georgia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|