WZMH Architects is an international architectural firm that was established in 1961.
Originally known as Webb Zerafa Menkès Housden (after Peter Webb, Boris Zerafa, René Menkès, and Warwick Housden) the company’s name was changed to WZMH Architects in 2002.
The firm has become known for its work with tall, landmark structures (including the CN Tower), skyscrapers, major mixed-use development, commercial, institutional, residential and hospitality projects, as well as renovation and retrofit projects involving heritage restoration, justice buildings and data centres.
WZMH has incorporated sustainable design principles into the majority of its projects and has received numerous domestic and international Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) awards. In 2013, the firm’s Nova Scotia Power Corporate Headquarters was the first building in Atlantic Canada to receive LEED Platinum certification.
In 2015, WZMH merged with pellow + associates, a firm known for its retail design, further expanding the firm’s diverse portfolio. In 2016, WZMH Architects celebrated its 55th anniversary.
The firm has earned many awards, including:
2015: 2015 Best Managed Winner
2015: IES Illumination Award of Merit - Quinte Courthouse
International Council of Shopping Centre Awards:
2015: Gold ICSC within the New Development Category - Outlet Collection at Niagara and RBC WaterPark Place in Toronto
2013: CUI Brownie Award in the Excellence in Project Development at the Building Scale category – Nova Scotia Power Corporate Headquarters
2013: Canadian Green Building Award- Nova Scotia Power Corporate Headquarters
Ontario Architect's Association Awards
2014: OAA Design Excellence Award- Nova Scotia Power Corporate Headquarters
2012: OAA Award for Design Excellence- Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower
- 222 Jarvis Street Sustainable Building Renewal, Toronto
- CSEC Long-Term Accommodation, Ottawa
- Durham Region Courthouse, Oshawa
- Quinte Courthouse, Belleville, Ontario
- Canadian Space Agency, St. Hubert, Quebec
- Canadian Embassy, Warsaw, Poland
- Public Institution for Social Security Headquarters (PIFFS), Kuwait
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abu Dhabi
- Nova Scotia Power Corporate Headquarters, Halifax
- Shanghai Securities Exchange Building, Shanghai
- BCC Data Centre, Ontario
- WaterPark Place, Toronto
- Bay Adelaide Centre, Toronto
- Royal Bank Plaza, Toronto
- Centennial Place, Calgary
- Scotia Plaza, Toronto
- CN Tower, Toronto
- Nile Plaza - Four Seasons Hotel, Cairo
- Caesars Windsor, Windsor
- Casino Rama, Rama, Ontario
- San Stefano, Alexandria, Egypt
- Nile Ritz-Carlton, Cairo
- Parkway Forest Re-Urbanization and Emerald City, Toronto
- The Crossways, Toronto
Calgary Municipal Building
- "Profile | WZMH Architects". www.wzmh.com. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "WZMH and Pellow Merger - Bisnow, September 8, 2015 | WZMH Architects". www.wzmh.com. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "2015 IES Illumination Award of Merit - Quinte Courthouse | WZMH Architects". www.wzmh.com. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "2013 CUI Brownie Award winners | Ontario Association of Architects". www.oaa.on.ca. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "2013 CANADIAN GREEN BUILDING AWARDS WINNING PROJECTS | Sustainable Architecture and Building Magazine". www.sabmagazine.com. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "Ontario Association of Architects Announces 2014 Award Winners and Opens Voting for People's Choice Award March 25 - April 15 | Ontario Association of Architects". www.oaa.on.ca. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "2012 OAA AWARDS | Ontario Association of Architects". www.oaa.on.ca. Retrieved 2016-03-24.