|Broadcast area||South Bend / Michiana|
|Slogan||Classic Hits.Less Talk|
|First air date||July 20, 1966 (as WTCA-FM)|
|HAAT||150 meters (490 ft)|
|Former callsigns||WTCA-FM (1966-1981)
|Owner||Mid-West Family Broadcasting
|Sister stations||WSBT, WQLQ, WNSN|
In 1966, then AM only station WTCA expanded into FM under the original call-sign of WTCA-FM. The station went through three call-sign changes before ending with WZOC. The station operated under the name of Oldies 94.3 and played oldies, soul, and pop music.
In March 2012, WZOC was sold to Douglas Road Radio. The AM station was not part of the deal.
In September 2015, Schurz Communications, which previously held a minority interest in Douglas Road Radio, agreed to acquire full ownership of the company. The transaction is part of the $442.5 million acquisition of Schurz' broadcast interests, including WZOC, by Gray Television. Though Gray initially intended to keep Schurz' radio stations, on November 2, it announced that Mid-West Family Broadcasting would acquire WZOC and Schurz' other South Bend radio stations for $5.5 million. The sale to Mid-West was consummated on February 16, 2016.
- Call Sign History FCC.gov. Accessed May 14, 2010
- "Station History". WTCA. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- Venta, Lance (February 28, 2014). "Schurz Rebrands Two In South Bend". radioINSIGHT. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- "Schurz Communications to sell WSBT and other TV, radio stations". South Bend Tribune. September 14, 2015. Retrieved September 14, 2015.
- Kuperberg, Jonathan (September 14, 2015). "Gray Acquiring TV, Radio Stations from Schurz for $442.5 Million". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved September 14, 2015.
- "APPLICATION FOR CONSENT TO ASSIGNMENT OF BROADCAST STATION CONSTRUCTION PERMIT OR LICENSE". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. September 17, 2015. Retrieved September 18, 2015.
- "Gray Sells Radio Stations From Schurz Deal". TVNewsCheck. November 2, 2015. Retrieved November 2, 2015.
- Venta, Lance (November 2, 2015). "Gray Television Divests Schurz Clusters To Three Buyers". RadioInsight. Retrieved November 2, 2015.
- Allen, Kevin (November 2, 2015). "WSBT Radio Group will have a new owner, again". South Bend Tribune. Retrieved November 2, 2015.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WZOC
- Radio-Locator information on WZOC
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WZOC
|This article about a radio station in Indiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|