|City||Asheboro, North Carolina|
|Broadcast area||Piedmont Triad|
|Branding||99.9 FM The Zoo|
|Slogan||The Station You Grew Up With|
|Frequency||700 AM kHz|
|Translator(s)||99.9 W260CG (Asheboro)|
|First air date||May 3, 1971 (at 710)|
Classic Top 40
|Power||1,000 watts Daytime|
1,000 watts critical hours
|Callsign meaning||city of license is home of the North Carolina Zoo|
|Former frequencies||710 kHz (1971-2014)|
|Affiliations||ABC Radio News|
|Owner||RCR of Randolph County, Ltd.|
WZOO is an oldies, classic hits, and classic top 40 formatted broadcast radio station licensed to Asheboro, North Carolina, serving the Piedmont Triad. WZOO is owned and operated by RCR of Randolph County, Ltd.
In addition to the main station, WZOO is relayed by an FM translator to widen its broadcast area.
|City of license||Facility
|W260CG||99.9||Asheboro, North Carolina||153753||250||104 m (341 ft)||D||FCC|
- "Arbitron Station Information Profiles". Nielsen Audio/Nielsen Holdings. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- "WZOO Facility Record". Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- "W260CG Facility Record". Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- 99.9FM The Zoo Online
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WZOO
- Radio-Locator Information on WZOO
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WZOO
|This article about a radio station in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|