|W Barcelona la catalonia|
|Location||Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain|
|Completed||1 September 2009|
|Cost||> €260 million|
|Height||98.8 m (324 ft)|
|Design and construction|
W Barcelona, popularly known as the Hotel Vela (Sail Hotel) due to its shape, is a building designed by Ricardo Bofill is located in the Barceloneta district of Barcelona, in the expansion of the Port of Barcelona. The hotel is managed by Starwood Hotels and Resorts hotel chain and marketed under the brand W Hotels.
The five-star hotel comprises 473 rooms, 67 suites, 400 employees, a bar located on the rooftop, a spa and fitness centre, indoor and outdoor pools, terraces, beaches, restaurants, rooms dance, and other facilities grouped under a platform of terraces. The hotel provides also a restaurant lead by the Michelin-starred chef, Carles Abellán.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to W Barcelona.|
- List of tallest buildings and structures in Barcelona
- Burj Al Arab - similar-shaped building in Dubai, UAE
- Elite Plaza - a similar-shaped skyscraper in Yerevan, Armenia
- Trump Ocean Club International Hotel and Tower, (Panama City) - similar structure in Panama City, Panama
- Vasco da Gama Tower - similar structure in Lisbon, Portugal
|This article about a hotel in Catalonia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|