|Location||Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain|
|Completed||1 September 2009|
|Cost||> €260 million|
|Height||100 m (328 ft)|
|Design and construction|
W Barcelona, popularly known as the Hotel Vela (Sail Hotel) due to its shape, is a building designed by Ricardo Bofill is located in the Barceloneta district of Barcelona, in the expansion of the Port of Barcelona. The hotel is managed by Starwood Hotels and Resorts hotel chain and marketed under the brand W Hotels.
The building, designed by the architect Ricardo Bofill, stands in 7 hectares of land reclaimed from the sea surface in the construction of the new entrance to the harbour. is embedded within the volume of the atrium, has large sea views and natural light, and reflective glass facade mixed object and context. It is an example of high-tech architecture in the city.
The project included a public place open to the sea, a marina and hotel landscape, cosmopolitan icon. The five-star hotel comprises 473 rooms, 67 suites, 400 employees, a bar located on the rooftop with panoramic city views, a spa and fitness centre, indoor and outdoor pools, terraces, beaches, restaurants, rooms dance, and other facilities grouped under a platform of terraces.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to W Barcelona.|
- List of tallest buildings and structures in Barcelona
- Burj Al Arab - similar-shaped building in Dubai, UAE
- Elite Plaza - a similar-shaped skyscraper in Yerevan, Armenia
- Trump Ocean Club International Hotel and Tower, (Panama City) - similar structure in Panama City, Panama
- Vasco da Gama Tower - similar structure in Lisbon, Portugal
- La Vanguardia, 19/09/2011, "L’hotel W, a la venda per 200 milions"
|This article about a hotel in Catalonia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|