|• Mayor||Günter Jung (SPD)|
|• Total||51.4 km2 (19.8 sq mi)|
|• Density||140/km2 (360/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
The community of Wabern consists of ten centres, the main centre, bearing the same name as the whole municipality, and the nine outlying villages of Hebel, Rockshausen, Falkenberg, Udenborn, Unshausen, Uttershausen, Zennern, Niedermöllrich and Harle.
The local stately home, Landgrave Karl von Hesse's Jagd- und Lustschloss Wabern (roughly "Wabern Hunting and Delight Palace"), was built in 1701, mainly so that the Landgrave could practise falconry in the nearby Reiherwald (forest). In 1770 some remodelling work was done under the well known Baroque architect Simon Louis du Ry. The Schloss nowadays houses a youth centre.
- Karl Schmidt (1932- ), footballer
- Wilhelm Dilich (1571–1650), engraver
- Rolf Hocke (1955- ), football official
- Fritz Harney (1879–1953), industrialist
- Philipp Losch (1864–1953), historian