Waco (1966 film)
|Directed by||R. G. Springsteen|
|Produced by||A. C. Lyles|
|Written by||Max Lamb
|Screenplay by||Steve Fisher|
|Music by||Jimmie Haskell|
|Edited by||Bernard Matis|
A.C. Lyles Productions
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
This article needs an improved plot summary. (June 2015)
A town in Wyoming is up in arms. Somebody has shot the sheriff, Billy Kelly, and things are so bad that preacher Sam Stone and businessman George Gates implore the mayor, Ned West, to bring in outside help.
They arrange for a gunfighter called "Waco" to be pardoned by the governor and sprung from jail. Waco rides to town and immediately cleans it up, defying boss Joe Gore by becoming sheriff, firing the deputy and bringing in old partner Ace Ross to be by his side.
Preacher Stone is happy but wife Jill is not. She used to be involved with Waco, who isn't going to like it that she got married while he was behind bars.
Also unhappy is rancher Ma Jenner, whose boys Ike and Pete seek revenge on her behalf because Waco killed their brother. And mayor West has troubles of his own because of an attack on his daughter Patricia.
It all comes down to a gunfight. Waco is outnumbered, particularly after Ace chickens out and abandons him, but the mayor and preacher come to his aid. Gore and the Jenners end up dead, but so does Stone, which means Jill and Waco can be together again.
- Howard Keel as Waco
- Jane Russell as Jill Stone
- Brian Donlevy as Ace Ross
- Wendell Corey as Preacher Sam Stone
- Terry Moore as Dolly
- John Smith as Joe Gore
- John Agar as George Gates
- Gene Evans as Deputy Sheriff Jim O'Neill
- Richard Arlen as Sheriff Billy Kelly
- Ben Cooper as Scotty Moore
- Tracy Olsen as Patricia West
- DeForest Kelley as Bill Rile
- Anne Seymour as Ma Jenner
- Robert Lowery as Mayor Ned West
- Willard Parker as Pete Jenner
- Jeff Richards as Kallen
- Regis Parton as Ike Jenner (as Reg Parton)
- Fuzzy Knight as Telegraph Operator
- Russ McCubbin as Drover
- Don White as Townsman
- King Johnson as Towsman
- Barbara Latell as Townswoman
- Boyd 'Red' Morgan as Kallen's Gunslinger
|This 1960s Western film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|