Wacousta Township, Humboldt County, Iowa
Location in Humboldt County
|• Total||36.6 sq mi (95 km2)|
|• Land||36.6 sq mi (95 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,138 ft (347 m)|
|• Density||7/sq mi (3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||50570 (Ottosen)|
|GNIS feature ID||0468877|
Wacousta Township was organized in 1858.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Wacousta Township covers an area of 36.6 square miles (95 km2); all of this land.
Cities, towns, villages
- Garfield Township, Kossuth County (north)
- Riverdale Township, Kossuth County (northeast)
- Delana Township (east)
- Rutland Township (southeast)
- Avery Township (south)
- Garfield Township, Pocahontas County (southwest)
- Des Moines Township, Pocahontas County (west)
- West Bend Township, Palo Alto County (northwest)
- Iowa's 4th congressional district
- State House District 4
Wacousta Township contains McKnight Cemetery and Union Cemetery, in addition to the Omer-Thorsen Farm.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States National Atlas
- "Wacousta township, Humboldt County, Iowa (IA)." U.S. Census Bureau. Breakdown. Retrieved January 29, 2010.
- History of Kossuth and Humboldt Counties, Iowa. Union Publishing Company. 1884. p. 890. Note that Google Books misspells "Humboldt".
- "Omer-Thorsen Farm." U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Wacousta Township, Humboldt County, Iowa USGS. Retrieved 3/21/2011.
||West Bend Township, Palo Alto County||Garfield Township, Kossuth County||Riverdale Township, Kossuth County|
|Des Moines Township, Pocahontas County||Delana Township|
|Garfield Township, Pocahontas County||Avery Township||Rutland Township|