||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Awards||Best Actor: Dallas/Fort Worth Critics Circle Award (Emcee in Cabaret), Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Award (Hedwig in Hedwig and the Angry Inch) Backstage Garland Award (Hedwig in Hedwig and the Angry Inch), Drammy Award (Batboy in Batboy the Musical)|
Wade McCollum is an American film actor, stage actor and composer/musician.
- 1 Career
- 2 Selected roles
- 3 Awards
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Wade can currently be seen in Wicked on Broadway.
Last year he starred as "Tick/Mitzi" in the first national tour of the musical Priscilla Queen of the Desert. In 2012 Wade was seen Off Broadway as the Velociraptor of Faith in Triassic Parq - the musical.
McCollum attended the Pacific Conservatory of the Performing Arts and has performed in Jersey Boys (Chicago company) and with theatres such as Dallas Theatre Center, Utah Shakespearean Festival, Theatreworks (Silicon Valley) in Palo Alto, Indiana Repertory Theatre, GEVA theatre, Syracuse Stage, The Fulton Opera House, Artists Repertory Theatre, Portland Center Stage, Portland Playhouse. In New York McCollum has been seen as Jeffrey in Jeffrey at the Sage Theatre and as Nestor le Fripe in Irma la Douce at Musicals Tonight. In Los Angeles he was seen as Hedwig in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, for which he garnered the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Award, Backstage's Garland Award for Best actor and won an Ovation Award for best Musical.
As a composer, McCollum's musical ONE played in New York City. It then went on to be workshopped further at Oregon Shakespeare Festival's Black Swan Lab.
McCollum can be seen BroadwayWorld.com web series Submissions Only as director Nolan Grigsby.
With Submissions Only
Nolan Grigsby in Submissions Only 2011/12
- Witches Father u/s Wizard and Dillamond Wicked
- Tick/Mitzi in Priscilla Queen of the Desert first national tour
- Norm Waxman in the San Francisco/Chicago company of Jersey Boys
Velociraptor of Faith in Triassic Parq- 2012
With IRT and GEVA theatres
Dracula in Dracula 2011
With Theatreworks in Palo Alto
- The Narrator in the World Premier of Fly by Night 2011
With Dallas Theatre Center
- the Emcee in Cabaret 2011
With Portland Center Stage
- The Emcee in Cabaret (2007/2008 season)
- Charlotte von Mahlsdorf (and all other roles) in I Am My Own Wife (2006/2007 season)
- Bat Boy, in Bat Boy: The Musical (2003/2004 season)
- Crumpet in The Sanataland Diaries 2009/10
- Lancelot Gobbo in The Merchant of Venice (2003/2004 season)
With Artists Repertory Theatre
With triangle! Theatre and Celebration Theatre
- Hedwig/Tommy Gnosis in Hedwig and the Angry Inch
- Dr. Frank-N-Furter in The Rocky Horror Show
- Mary in On the Verge
- Sid ONE, an earlier version of the musical he wrote and co-composed with Eric Nordin.
- Portland Drammy awards for Hedwig and the Angry Inch in 2003, and again for Bat Boy in 2004
- Los Angeles Drama Critic's Circle - Best Lead Performance for Hedwig and the Angry Inch in 2004
- LA Ovation award - Best Musical in 2004
- BackStage West Garland Award – Best Lead Performance in 2004
- "'Triassic Parq' Review: Off-Broadway Play Is Deeply Funny". www.huffingtonpost.com. 2012-06-28.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "Submissions Only website". Submissionsonly.com. Retrieved 2012-02-21.