|Born||1944 (age 77–78)|
Wade Rowland is a Canadian science, technology, and history writer. He is currently a lecturer at York University.
Rowland has worked as a journalist for the Winnipeg Free Press, the Toronto Telegram, and Canadian television networks CBC and CTV. He holds a Ph.D. from Toronto's York University. He has lectured at Trent University in Peterborough, Ontario, and is a former Maclean Hunter Chair of Ethics in Communication at Ryerson University, Toronto. He is currently a professor of communications at York University. He has resided in Port Hope, Ontario since 1982.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2021)
- Polar Passage: The Historic First Sail through the Northwest Passage (with Jeff MacInnis) - 1989
- Spirit of the Web: The Age of Information from Telegraph to Internet – 1997
- Ockham's Razor: A Search for Wonder In An Age of Doubt – 1999
- Galileo's Mistake: A New Look at the Epic Confrontation between Galileo and the Church – 2003
- Greed, Inc.: Why Corporations Rule Our World and How We Let It Happen – 2005
- Saving the CBC: Balancing Profit and Public Service – 2013
- Rowland, Wade (2019). Morality by design : technology's challenge to human values. Bristol, UK. ISBN 978-1-78938-125-2. OCLC 1114600227.