|Full name||Wade Kristopher Small|
|Date of birth||23 February 1984|
|Place of birth||Croydon, London, England|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Playing position||Winger / striker|
|2004–2006||Milton Keynes Dons||72||(11)|
|2009||→ Blackpool (loan)||5||(1)|
|2011–2012||Tooting & Mitcham United|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:12, 11 September 2012 (UTC).
Wade Kristopher Small (born 23 February 1984, in Croydon, South London) is an English professional footballer. His last known club was Kingstonian. Mainly a right winger, Small can also play on the left side and as a forward.
Early career: Wimbledon and Milton Keynes Dons
Small began his career at the Wimbledon academy and made his debut on 15 October 2003, as a 58th-minute substitute in a 1–0 defeat away at Coventry City. He scored his first goal on 26 December, in a 3–0 away win at Reading and went on to make a total of thirty appearances that season, scoring two goals, as Wimbledon finished bottom of the First Division and were relegated.
In 2004, Wimbledon were renamed Milton Keynes Dons after the club moved to Milton Keynes in September 2003. The following season he made a total of 49 appearances, scoring eleven goals including two in a 3–0 victory over Wrexham on 11 December. At the end of the season he won the club's Player of the year award. In August 2005, he signed a new two-year contract.
Small played most of his games for the Dons as a midfielder, on either wing, and also at times as a striker.
On 15 May 2006, Small signed for Championship club Sheffield Wednesday for an undisclosed "substantial" transfer fee, signing a three-year contract. On signing Small, then Wednesday manager Paul Sturrock said, "I've seen Wade several times over the last couple of years and he's our type of signing. He is very quick, can play in a variety of positions offensively and has high potential. I hope he does very well for Sheffield Wednesday."
His first appearance was as an 80th-minute substitute in a 0–0 draw with Preston North End at Deepdale on 5 August. He scored his first goal when the Owls drew 2–2 with Wolverhampton Wanderers at Molineux. Injury problems restricted him to 23 appearances in his first season, scoring two goals. In November, during a three-match suspension, he had a minor operation on his knee, having carried the injury for a while.
After making seven starts and thirteen substitute appearances in the 2008–09 season, he joined fellow Championship club Blackpool on 13 March 2009, on a one-month loan deal. A day later he scored on his debut as the Seasiders beat Barnsley 1–0 at Oakwell. Three days later he was named in the Football League's "Championship Team of the Week". On 8 May 2009, Small's contract with Sheffield Wednesday was terminated by mutual consent. Through the following summer, Small was reported to have held talks with Crystal Palace, Leeds United and Norwich City regarding moves to one of those clubs.
On 18 July 2009, Small began a trial at Charlton Athletic playing in a number of their friendlies. In August, he signed for the club on a non-contract basis. He left shortly after, his only game for Charlton being in a 1–0 defeat to Hereford United in the League Cup.
In August 2009, Small signed with the Spireites on a one-year deal until June 2010. He made his first appearance for on 29 August 2009, in a League Two match against Morecambe as a 66th-minute substitute and scored his first goals for the club on his full debut, in a 5–1 Football League Trophy victory over Burton Albion on 1 September 2009.
Manager John Sheridan said: "Wade Small is an exciting player who is capable of causing problems for the opposition. He is quick and pacey and although he can play in all the forward positions he is also a versatile player." He added: "He will be a very useful addition to the squad and I am excited he has joined us."
During the 2010 January transfer window, Small was sensationally linked with a move to Bristol City after being spotted in a helicopter above Ashton Gate.
On 30 July 2010, Small signed for Aldershot Town. He left the club in 2011.
In the 2011–12 pre-season he joined Lewes and played in two competitive games for the club before moving to Tooting & Mitcham United at the beginning of September. . In the summer of 2012, Small joined Kingstonian.
- "Small Joins Seasiders". Blackpool F.C. 13 March 2009. Retrieved 13 March 2009.
- "Wade Small profile". Sheffield Wednesday F.C. Retrieved 13 March 2009.
- "Coventry 1–0 Wimbledon". Soccerbase. 15 October 2003. Retrieved 13 March 2009.
- "Milton Keynes Dons 3–0 Wrexham". bbc.co.uk. 11 December 2006. Retrieved 13 March 2009.
- "Carrilho pens Milton Keynes deal". bbc.co.uk. 22 August 2005. Retrieved 13 March 2009.
- "Winger Small seals Sheff Wed move". bbc.co.uk. 24 May 2006. Retrieved 13 March 2009.
- Buckingham, Mark (25 November 2006). "Minor surgery for Small". SkySports.com. Retrieved 13 March 2009.
- "Barnsley vs Blackpool match report". Blackpool F.C. 14 March 2009. Retrieved 14 March 2009.
- "Team of the Week (16/03/2009)" (PDF). The Football League. 17 March 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-18.
- Small and Lunt depart Hillsborough
- "Chesterfield 1–1 Morecambe". BBC News. 29 August 2009. Retrieved 27 May 2010.
- "Burton Albion 1–5 Chesterfield". BBC News. 1 September 2009. Retrieved 27 May 2010.
- "One in and One Out at Lewes". Non League Daily. 3 September 2011. Retrieved 3 September 2011.