Wade Township, Clinton County, Illinois
Location in Clinton County
Clinton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1873|
|• Total||28.9 sq mi (75 km2)|
|• Land||28.89 sq mi (74.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2) 0.07%|
|Elevation||446 ft (136 m)|
|• Density||59.4/sq mi (22.9/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0429923|
Wheatfield Township is one of fifteen townships in Clinton County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,717 and it contained 713 housing units. The township's name changed from Beaver Township on June 1, 1874.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 28.9 square miles (75 km2), of which 28.89 square miles (74.8 km2) (or 99.97%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 0.07%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Rudolph, Saint Felicitas, Saint Peter and Yingst.
- Carlyle Community Unit School District 1
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 102
- State Senate District 51
- "Wade Township, Clinton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Saint Rose Township||Wheatfield Township|
|Breese Township||Carlyle Township|
|Germantown Township||Santa Fe Township|