|Elevation||411 m (1,348 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Wadi (Kannada: ವಾಡಿ) is a census town in Gulbarga district in the Indian state of Karnataka. The Wadi Junction railway station is an important railway junction on the Indian railways. Trains from the metro cities of Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai pass through this town. Wadi is home to two cement plants of Associated Cement Company Limited ( ACC ) . The ACC has two cement plants of capacity 2.11 and 2.6 million tonnes per annum (mtpa).The cement plants are some of the largest in the country. Wadi is also famous for its Limestone mines. The main source of income is ACC, Railway's and Working in Lime Stone Mines. The growth of cement plants(ACC) and railways in the region has attracted people from diverse regions and cultures. Gulbarga, which is around 37 km from Wadi is a major educational centre which houses many engineering, medical, management and dental colleges. The first railway line from Secunderabad to wadi was started in 1874
Wadi is located at  It has an average elevation of 411 metres (1348 feet)..
As of 2011[update] India census, Wadi had a population of 1.2lakhs. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Wadi has an average literacy rate of 54%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 63%, and female literacy is 45%. In Wadi, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Wadi is a tourist spot for travelers. Some of the attractions include the Hanuman Temple situated at Konchur, a village 6 km away from Wadi railway station, and the Astaane Quadri Halkatta Sharif Dargah, also 6 km away from Wadi town, known for the Sufi saint. The ACC cement plants is worth visiting, as they use both the latest and obsolete technologies.
Wadi has a good number of educational institutions such as:
- St.Ambrose Convent School
- D.A.V Public School (Central Board of Secondary Education)
- Al- Ameen Urdu school near SBI BANK wadi
- National Industrial Training Institute[ITI], Wadi
- National M.A.V Primary School, Wadi
- Mahatma gandhi school
- Mini Rose
- VP NAIK COLLEGE'
- Bahamani Kingdom Women's College
- Govt High School
- Sri Shail Mallikarjun Vidhya vardhak sounthe wadi.
- Balavikas Mandir Higher Primary School, Wadi.
- Mathoshri Kusumabai Devappa Hahidhande Kannda Midum High School, Wadi
- Mathoshri Ramabai Ambedkar Kanya Proud Shale, Wadi
Business and Market
Wadi Market is pretty old and famous. Thursday of every week is marked as a weekly market day, where people from nearby town and village visit for merchandising and purchasing of essential daily needs like vegetable, fruits, etc.
Some landmark to mention is GOPALRAO INFO SOLUTIONS AND KHANDELWAL RAJORE building the oldest and closest to wadi jn railway station.
People from Wadi town are more matured and adaptible. The current generation is pretty much enthusiastic and contributing at National and International levels.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Wadi
- "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2011 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.