This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016)
|Product type||Breakfast cereal|
|Owner||Post Consumer Brands|
Waffle Crisp is a breakfast cereal made by Post Consumer Brands, which contains maple syrup-flavored corn cereal bits in a waffle shape. It was first launched in 1996. In 2013, Post introduced a lower-priced version of the cereal, "Waffle Crunch," as part of their Good MOREnings line of budget cereals. According to customer service at Post Foods, Waffle Crisp was discontinued in August 2018.
In January of 2021, Post Foods made the decision to return Waffle Crisp to market. The companies senior associate brand manager, Joe Woodward, stated that fans of the cereal had expressed great interest in Waffle Crisp even after its discontinuation in 2018. Post Foods helped promote the return of the cereal by sending out samples of the new Waffle Crisp to social media influencers ahead of its relaunch. This action by Post follows as part of their decision to reintroduce some of their old brands, which can be seen with the return of the Oreo O's Cereal.
The original Waffle Crisp mascots were a group of elderly women, dubbed "grannies", who purportedly cooked each individual piece as if it were an actual, miniature-sized waffle. Most of the commercials for Waffle Crisp from the late 1990s featured preteen kids attempting to break into the (surprisingly high-tech) factory to steal the cereal's secret recipe or, at the very least, get a large quantity of Waffle Crisp for themselves (in other words, steal one box of this cereal).
- "Post Cereal Discontinued Products". Post Cereal. Archived from the original on 2 April 2019. Retrieved 3 November 2018.
- "Post Waffle Crisp® Cereal is Back!". Post Consumer Brands. Archived from the original on 2021-06-25. Retrieved 2021-06-28.
- Waffle Crisp has Returned, archived from the original on 2021-06-28, retrieved 2021-06-28
- "Waffle Crisp Ad - 1996". YouTube. ProjectAdHand. Archived from the original on 11 April 2019. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Waffle Crisp Ad- Infiltration (1996)". YouTube. that90sguy. Archived from the original on 17 August 2016. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Post Waffle Crisp". Mr. Breakfast. Archived from the original on 22 May 2016. Retrieved 20 June 2016.