Wagga Wagga railway station
Station front in November 2008
|Location||Station Place, Wagga Wagga|
|Operated by||NSW TrainLink|
|Distance||521.40 kilometres from Central|
|Opened||1 September 1879|
|Previous names||South Wagga Wagga|
Wagga Wagga station opened on 1 September 1879 as South Wagga Wagga when the Main South line was extended from Bomen. It served as the terminus until the line was extended to Gerogery on 1 September 1880. It was renamed Wagga Wagga on 1 March 1882.
Wagga Wagga is served by two daily NSW TrainLink XPT services in each direction operating between Sydney and Melbourne. NSW TrainLink also operate road coach services to Tumbarumba, Griffith and Echuca from Wagga Wagga.
|1||services to Sydney Central & Melbourne|
Firefly Express operate a daily Sydney to Melbourne service while Greyhound Australia operate a daily Canberra to Melbourne service as well as a second service from Canberra that terminates at Wagga Wagga.
- Wagga Wagga Station NSWrail.net
- Wagga Wagga Railway Precinct NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Southern timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 20 October 2013 [Updated 30 June 2014].
- Timetables Firefly Express
- Canberra-Melbourne timetable Greyhound Australia 5 April 2015
- Melbourne-Canberra timetable Greyhound Australia 5 April 2015
Media related to Wagga Wagga railway station at Wikimedia Commons