|Privately held company|
|Founded||Hingham, Massachusetts, 2011|
|31 locations in North America|
|Products||Hamburgers, sandwiches, hot dogs, salads, cocktails, desserts and merchandise|
|Services||Restaurant, bar and take-out|
Wahlburgers is a casual dining burger restaurant and bar. The chain has 26 restaurants and the original location is in Hingham, Massachusetts, a town just outside the Boston area. It is owned by chef Paul Wahlberg in partnership with two of his brothers, actors Donnie and Mark.
In 2011, an equity group that includes Mark Wahlberg, Donnie Wahlberg, and Paul Wahlberg licensed the name "Wahlburger" from Tom Wahl's for use in their own restaurant. The family also owns and operates another restaurant named Alma Nove, which opened prior to Wahlburgers. Its name is derived from the name of the brothers' mother and the fact that she had nine children ("nove" being Italian for nine).
The first Wahlburgers opened in Hingham, Massachusetts, near Alma Nove, the pre-existing restaurant operated by Paul Wahlberg. A second location opened in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. on November 15, 2014 after a soft launch earlier in the month.
Wahlburgers announced its first South Carolina location in 2016, at Myrtle Beach's Broadway at the Beach with three more Carolinas locations planned owned by franchiser Greg Pranzo. The Raleigh location opened in May 2018 and closed seven months later with the sheriff padlocking the doors and referring inquiries to the landlord with reports of bounced paychecks. Work on a planned location in south Charlotte had stopped as of early December 2018 according to media reports.
On May 22, 2018, Wahlburgers opened a location in the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota, the first of 26 restaurants planned as part of a franchising deal with grocery chain Hy-Vee that will also bring Wahlburgers entrees and drinks to some Hy-Vee in-store restaurants.
In June 2018, the company announced CEO Rick Vanzura would be leaving the chain to run another restaurant chain.
Wahlburgers announced a location on historic Beale Street in Memphis, TN. but problems with utilities and required approvals of requested changes by the historical commission have delayed the more than half million dollar project for more than a year. As of March 2019 the location is not on Wahlburgers' website. Intentions for a second Tennessee location in Nashville was announced in September 2017 by joint owners singer Chris Kirkpatrick and Pranzo but no leases have been signed nor is the city listed on the Wahlburgers website .
In June 2018, the St. Charles, Illinois, a suburb west of Chicago, approved a Wahlburgers franchise. In July 2018, Bass Pro Shops spokesman Jack Wlezien confirmed that the Springfield-based outdoor retailer is "planning a partnership with Wahlburgers and are exploring potential locations at Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's stores." In August 2018, Mark Wahlberg talked about bringing Wahlburgers to Columbus, Ohio. “We’re looking for locations today," he said. "Yeah, we’ll be coming to Columbus.”
In April 2018, Wahlberg brothers agreed to market their fresh Angus brisket, chuck, and short rib blend hamburger patties in supermarkets. ARKK Food will distribute the burgers in more than 1,300 markets, including Shaw's and Star Market.
Because of the success of the restaurant, a reality television series was launched on A&E ordered an initial order of 18 episodes of Wahlburgers with a cast including Mark Wahlberg, Donnie Wahlberg, Paul Wahlberg and many others
- Chesto, Jon (June 11, 2018). "Wahlburgers CEO stepping down after leading group for more than six years". The Boston Globe. Retrieved June 11, 2018.
- "A&E Network Orders 18 More Episodes of 'Wahlburgers'". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- "Tom Wahl's signs licensing agreement with Wahlberg brothers", Democrat and Chronicle, Rochester, New York, August 25, 2011, ISSN 1088-5153, retrieved August 26, 2011,
Tom Wahl's, which has federal trademark rights to the Wahlburger name, has signed a licensing agreement with the restaurant group that includes pop stars and actors Donnie and Mark Wahlberg and their chef-restaurateur brother, Paul. The agreement allows the Wahlbergs to name their soon-to-open burger eatery in Hingham, Mass., Wahlburgers Restaurant.
- "Step by Step: Chef, famous bros get fired up over Wahlburgers", Boston Herald, Boston, Massachusetts, August 24, 2011, ISSN 0738-5854, retrieved August 29, 2011,
St. Croix said the restaurant’s ownership approached Tom Wahl’s, a chain of burger joints based in Rochester, N.Y., a few months ago after they discovered it sold a product called the "Wahlburger."
- Grow, Kory (November 12, 2013). "Mark and Donnie Wahlberg to Serve Up 'Wahlburgers' on TV". Rolling Stone. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
- Kuperinsky, Amy (January 23, 2014). "Well done: 'Wahlburgers' gives a prime look at the brothers Wahlberg". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
- "Wahlburgers - Official Site for the Boston Burger Restaurant » Want a burger restaurant in Boston? Come in to Wahlburgers for gourmet burgers, drinks and fun!". Retrieved March 23, 2016.
- "Grand Opening, Eh?". Wahlburgers. March 4, 2015.
- Chesto, John (December 4, 2014). "Wahlburgers cooks up ambitious expansion plan".
- "Wahlburgers heading to Broadway at the Beach's Celebrity Square". The Sun News. May 11, 2016.
- The News & Observer, Wahlburgers is open for business. Here's our peek inside. by Drew Jackson, May 4, 2018, Retrieved May 4, 2018.
- Daniels, Steve (December 28, 2018). "Downtown Raleigh Wahlburgers closes after seven months". ABC11 Raleigh-Durham. Retrieved December 29, 2018.
- weekend, joel brown, abc11 anchors, wtvd anchors, abc11 reporters, wtvd reporters, wtvd talent, raleigh news, durham news, fayetteville news, abc11 (December 29, 2018). "Raleigh Wahlburgers workers speak out about sudden shutdown". ABC11 Raleigh-Durham. Retrieved December 29, 2018.
- "Have plans to bring Wahlburgers to south Charlotte hit a snag?". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved December 29, 2018.
- Herndon, Dave (December 15, 2017). "Mark Wahlberg announces new business deals with Meijer during visit to Royal Oak, Taylor". The Oakland Press. Archived from the original on March 19, 2019. Retrieved March 19, 2019.
- "Mark and Donnie Wahlberg to roll out Wahlburgers with Mall of America appearance". twincities.com. May 9, 2018.
- John Ewoldt (May 21, 2018). "Hy-Vee CEO talks expansion of Wahlburgers and grocery stores". Star Tribune. Retrieved May 28, 2018.
- "Wahlburgers opening Beale Street location". News Channel 3. June 19, 2017.
- Glover, Ryan (November 9, 2017). "Wahlburgers is one step closer to opening its Memphis location on Beale Street". WHBQ. Retrieved December 29, 2018.
- "Wahlburgers Locations Find the Closest to You". wahlburgers.com.
- "*NSync member looks to bring Mark Wahlberg's family chain Wahlburgers to Nashville". The Tennessean. Retrieved December 29, 2018.
- "Wahlburgers, we hardly knew ye. Downtown Raleigh restaurant closes after less than a year". newsobserver. Retrieved December 29, 2018.
- "Wahlburgers is open for business. Here's our peek inside". newsobserver. Retrieved December 29, 2018.
- Chesto, Jon (April 24, 2018). "Wahlburgers looks to expand into retail business". The Boston Globe. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- "Emmy Awards 2014: the nominations in full". Daily Telegraph. July 10, 2014. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- McLeod, Katie (January 22, 2014). "'Wahlburgers' is all about family, burgers, and Boston". The Boston Globe. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
- Gay, Verne (January 20, 2014). "'Wahlburgers' review: Where's the drama?". Newsday. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
- Official website – Boston restaurant