Wai Wai (food brand)
|Produced by||Thai Preserved Food Factory Co., Ltd.|
|Country||Thailand , Nepal|
Wai Wai (Nepali: वाई वाई; Thai: ไวไว, pronounced [wāj wāj] ) is a brand of instant noodles produced by the Thai Preserved Food Factory, Co., Ltd. (TPFF) in Thailand and by the Chaudhary Group in Nepal. The brand has been produced in Thailand since 1972 by Thai Preserved Food Factory Co., Ltd. The company's managing director since 1998 has been Pricha Napapruekchat, the eldest son of the founder.
In 1984, the Chaudhary Group, in collaboration with TPFF, introduced Wai Wai instant brown noodles to Nepal.
TPFF was founded in Thailand in 1972 by Surin Napapruekchat and seven other families.
In Nepal, the Chaudhary Group built a Wai Wai noodle factory in Kathmandu in 1984 in technical collaboration with TPFF. Its initial capacity was 120 packets per minute. Today, it is 2,100 packets per minute or 40,000 tonnes per year.
TPFF posted revenues of 6.54 billion baht in 2017 and expects that number to rise to 10 billion baht within the next five to ten years. TPFF claims a Thailand market share exceeding 30 percent.The instant noodle market leader is the MAMA brand from Thai President Foods.
- Jitpleecheep, Pitsinee (2018-10-18). "Wai Wai maker branches out as instant noodles lose steam". Bangkok Post. Retrieved 2019-03-30.
- "Beating Hunger With Wai Wai". Chaudhary Group. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- "Company History". Thai Preserved Food Factory Co., Ltd.
- Jitpleecheep, Pitsinee (2019-03-30). "Gaining ground on its rival, one bowl at a time". Bangkok Post. Retrieved 2019-03-30.
- The Himalayan Times. "Beating Hunger With Wai Wai". Chaudhary Groupm. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- "FMCG". Chaudhary Group. Retrieved 14 December 2018.